Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Pride of Texas

This morning, I had the pleasure of driving an hour and 8 minutes southwest of Houston to the metropolis of Wharton, Texas. The program wasn't as well attended as I had hoped, but fortunately the trip wasn't a total bust. I had the pleasure of seeing, with my own two eyes, what I assume is one of the great landmarks of the state of Texas. Behold, Teepee Motel:

Folks, this is not a joke. You can even see the dash of my car and bug guts on the windshield. I considered pulling over to get a few more professional shots, but I didn't want any of the other regional recruiters to see me. Check out picture number two - it's a little distant, but to the left you can see the sign for yourself - Teepee Motel.

There were about 10 of these free-standing teepee's, however if motels aren't really your thing, there's also an RV park right next door. So, if you're considering a roadtrip anytime soon, I highly encourage planning a visit to Wharton! I can't even imagine all the fun that could be had.

On unrelated note, I experienced my first bizarre student situation yesterday. A little Mexican dude (no offense Mark) asked me on a date. Yes, a high school student, probably about 16. He had a half-mustache because he clearly wasn't old enough to grow a full one, and he asked me for an LSU sticker. I told him I didn't have stickers, but he could have a pen. He said no, and then followed up with "but how about I take you on a date and we'll call it even." Seriously, this happened. And it's just the beginning of recruiting season.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG I have never laughed so hard in my life. Maybe you could book us a teepee when I visit you next time. Wouldn't that be fun?! And, stay away from those little Mexican dudes (no offense Mark). Especially if they are lacking in the facial hair department!

Can't wait to hear more adventures with your recruiting travels. I bet this is a part of the job you never anticipated, huh? lol

Love you, Mama

tallie lea said...

he he :) i want to go on an adventure with you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, i love it!!! Thank you for my morning laugh..........Auntie

Anonymous said...

Nice! Call me when you and little Carlos decide on a name for your firstborn.

LOVE YOU!
Ellie

Casey said...

Yee Haw!! I love it! Yeah, we are definitely gonna need to plan our next family reunion there. You can't beat teepees for good old fashioned family fun! :)

Love you!