Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Long Time No Blog

Sorry I've been MIA for weeks. Obviously work has hit full swing, and then there was the Gulf of Mexico and all of it's storms. First Gustav, causing damage like Baton Rouge has never seen, then Ike, wiping out the Gulf Coast of Texas. I evacuated at 7am Thursday morning to Baton Rouge, successfully avoiding all traffic despite mandatory orders in Beaumont, Orange, and Cameron Parish. I was far removed from the stress in Houston - going out with friends, tailgating all day Saturday and having a late brunch on Sunday. My roommate stayed behind, and fortunately we had no damage. Power has been out since early Saturday morning, but I think we got it back tonight. I'm in Dallas until Friday, and I'm so ready to go home. Living out of a suitcase isn't fun.

It's hard to believe the residents of Texas are going through virtually the same nightmare the people of New Orleans experienced three years ago. The devastation in the Galveston and other Gulf Coast areas is absolutely horrifying. So much has been washed away. I'm scheduled for a week of Recruiting Fairs starting on the 27th in Galveston, Mont Belvieu and Baytown, but I'm not sure there will be schools to visit. Please keep everyone in your prayers as they start the long and slow process of rebuilding their lives.

Pictures and a video to come from Cayden's first birthday! You won't believe how big he is, and what a little personality he's developed! He's quite the ham.

Hugs!

No comments: