Monday, August 4, 2008

Pictures, and the Departure

So I stuffed all of the miscellaneous things laying around my floor into the closet so I could take pictures of my new home/office! I'm not sure if they really do justice...the room is absolutely huge. I'm still looking for a piece of art to hang above my bed, some throw pillows, and a decorative rug to put under my desk, but atleast you'll get the general idea.

There were too many pictures to post on the blog, so you can check them out on my photo album site at http://amandagrace.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album93.

On another note, mom and dad left today. It was SO hard! I felt worse when I woke up than I did after they left. I guess the anticipation really got to me. They made it home safely, and I successfully found my way to Franklin Covey and the grocery! So far, so good. I think that boosted my mood. I was never one to figure things out on my own, but now, I don't have much of a choice (starving isn't an option, obviously!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, you're right. Getting up this morning was worse than actually leaving. But, leaving was a close second!!

Second, you have always done things on your own. You just don't realize it. But, now you will. So, you're wrong there.

I'm grateful for your beautiful new home and really nice new roomie (and, of course, Pea's new friend). I know you are in a good place surrounded by good people. And, we've already established we will be in constant contact with each other already! lol

I'm now focusing on the weekend--WooHoo! Be proud cause you're doing awesome!!

Unknown said...

I showed Joanne the pics of your new place. She loves it!!

LSULiv said...

Methinks it's cute! Why didn't I get the gene of knowing how to put together a room well? I'm female, but it's missing!! Anyway, you did a nice job. Maybe you can hop to Hawaii and help me do the same :) You're gonna do great things in Houston-- I know it!!!

tallie lea said...

love it!!! i'm proud of you.

Michael P.Grace said...

well Mooshie you have a great home..I already knew we were alot alike but you confirmed it when you said you were getting stir crazy and said you were going to the Coffee Shop so you could be around peeps..Reminds me of when I went turkey hunting in Ms. and didn't talk to anyone for 4 days..and felt out of sorts until I found alittle grocery withe a 85 year old lady running it and went in and got coke and asked her if I could talk awhile..She thought I was nuts...but by the time I left we were best friends..I know you will adjust, especially as soon as you start calling on shools etc..Glad you got to meet some folks last night as well..I love you and will talk to you soon..mpdiddy

Michael P.Grace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love your place! It is beautiful. I'm so happy for you. I know you are gonna be the best recruiter LSU ever had the pleasure of employing. Wishing you the very best - enjoy your new job and your new home. Can't wait to come visit. Love you, Auntie