In the words of my wise, wise grandfather, "that's no hill for a stepper!" (I did have to ask my mom to explain this colloquialism when I first heard it, but now I think it's my favorite!)
Edouard passed through Houston today, very, very slowly. It seemed to pull more north than expected, so we only saw rainfall with a few little gusts in wind. Having grown up in south LA and experienced Andrew, Danny (while at Convention in Pointe Clear), Katrina and Rita, I was less than phased by ole' Edouard. Other than the dreary rain from sun up to 4pm, it was just like any other day.
I'm already finding myself becoming a little stir crazy at home alone all day. I forgot how much I thrive on human interaction. (Not that I don't enjoy spending the day with Peanut and Minnie, but I can only talk aloud to myself for a limited amount of time before growing bored!) My plan for tomorrow is to get up, shower, dress and head to a coffee shop for the day. I have a few things I'm trying to wrap up ASAP before moving on to the next, so I think a coffee shop will keep me focused on the task at hand without the annoying silence at home.
I've had a little change of plans, for those of you in BR. I was scheduled to come home this weekend and stay for the remainder of the week. But, I have a program to attend on August 14th, so I had to push my trip home back by one week. I was really sad at first, but I think it'll be good to spend two weeks in Houston before departing for home.
To Do's this week: Going to have dinner/drinks with a friend of a friend tomorrow after work. This weekend, my friend Emily returns to Houston, so I should have a busy few days ahead. And, I hear there's a brand new outlet mall in the Woodlands that I'm planning to scope out Sunday. Mom / Auntie / Tallie / Casey - I'll keep you posted; it might be a new place to visit on your next trip to H-town!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Have fun tomorrow night. I know you'll have a great weekend with Emily back in town. I'll see you on the 15th. Can't wait:)
shopping? did someone say shopping? i could use a girl's weekend!!!
I love shopping!!! I'm always up for a trip to Houston, and a trip for shopping, and a trip to see the most awesome cousin ever. What a perfect combination! :)
glad you had a good time and met some peeps last night..love mpg
Post a Comment