Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm Officially a Houstonian!

Well, we made it! Five long hours after leaving BR, mom, dad and I arrived at my new home. Saturday was a LONG day, to say the least. We rolled out about 10am (mom and I slept in - let's just say Babycakes + Ear Infection = No Sleep!). Dad had the tough job, driving the Penske, sandwiched between me and mom. Fortunately, we made it without running into any trouble.

Next, unpacking. Man, it was hot. I'm not sure why, but I inevitably end up moving in the hottest month of the year every single time I move. A few hours of heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, and cussing, and we had the truck unloaded. After putting my new bed together (love it, pictures to come), we grabbed a quick bite at the hotel before bed. I think we all slept like babies!

Sunday, mom and I were chomping at the bits to visit Ikea. Dad, on the other hand, chose to see the Astros play. He had a great time, as did we! I got a new bookshelf and leather chair for my "office," and I even found a new bedside table at Garden Ridge Pottery. We picked dad up, went to dinner, and came home for more assembling. So far, all of my furniture is arranged, and it looks awesome -- I absolutely love my room. As for the boxes...we're getting there! I still have some unpacking, but the vast majority is done.

Mom and Dad leave tomorrow morning, and I already feel really sad. I knew it would be hard, I guess I've just avoided thinking about it for the last two months. I'll be home next weekend for a full week, so I feel better having that to look forward to. And fortunately, I've already got some friends in town interested in hanging out, so that will be a saving grace, I'm sure.

Time for shower and bed. As soon as I get my room finished, I'll upload pictures. PS. Peanut has a new friend, Mini, a miniature chihuahua. She's absolutely adorable and such a sweetheart. I think they're already in love!

No comments: