Well, it's finally here...the big moving week! I had a wonderful last weekend in Baton Rouge, minus mom and dad's absence. I missed them much -- you know, they tend to be the hit of all of my parties! -- but, I think God purposefully planned Convention and my last weekend on the same dates. I woke up this morning and thought to myself, "it sure would be nice to go lay on mom and dad's couch all day." I won't have the luxury of doing that every Sunday once I move, so this weekend sort of helped me realize that I'm ok to spend the day at home relaxing all by myself. It sounds so sad, but it's actually enjoyable when I stop to think about it!
Friday night I went to an 80s party, Saturday went shopping, visited Cody and Cayden, Grandad, and Auntie, Tallie, Casey and the little ones. Saturday night was the big going away party, and I spent Sunday at Syd's birthday party...with my Babycakes! I couldn't have imagined a better weekend -- spending time with my family and my friends. Just how I wanted it to be. Here are a few pictures.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
We'll be picking up the moving van Thursday and loading up as much as possible. Cleaning Friday, and hitting the road bright and early Saturday morning. Not sure if I'll get a chance to post before moving, but I'll update when I get to Houston!
1 comment:
You'll do great! Houston isn't that far away, and phone calls/emails/all other forms of technological communication make it a lot easier. It'll be hard sometimes, but you can handle it like the tough cookie you know you are :) XOX!
Post a Comment