Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sarong Saves the Day!

The garage sale was this weekend, so I took Thursday and Friday off of work to finish preparing. It was also Cody's weekend to have Babycakes, but he had work Thursday night. So, I suggested little bit have a sleepover with his Nanny. Cody always talks about what a good snuggler he is, so I really thought it would be a fun night for us. Here's the catch - babies are not easy to care for! And I knew this, but I didn't realize how exhausting they could be! Cayden is notorious for fighting sleep, and Thursday night was no different. Emily followed me home and watched him while I got in a shower and dried my hair. She fed him his bottle and tried to get him down, but he was having none of it. So Em left, and I laid down with him and tried the only trick I knew - tickling his tummy and his face. Like his Daddy, he loves to be tickled. Well, that lasted about 2 minutes and then the crying came. Crying mixed with some screaming, and wiggling like you've never seen. I gave up on laying down and used Peanut as a distraction. About 30 minutes later, he finally put his head on my chest and fell asleep. But...I didn't have his blanket, the one they use to swaddle him, so he squirmed around like CRAZY. I found myself checking the clock every 20 minutes, praying he would stop squirming so I could fall asleep. I knew the only blankets around my house were thick fleece blankets, and that wouldn't do. Finally, still wide awake at 3am, a lightbulb flashed in my head -- the sarong Olivia bought me for Christmas! It was the perfect size, the perfect material, and only steps away from the bed. So I swaddled him in a sarong, and we both slept like babies until 7am. Here is a picture -- he slept on his belly most of the night, which made me a nervous wreck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


He was all smiles when he woke up, but every time I tried to get a picture of him, the early flash would make him frown. This one was too funny not to post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After breakfast, we visited PawPaw at work, then headed to Gigi's house so Nanny could have a much needed break. I love him more than I could ever put into words, but I sure was happy to pass him back over to his Daddy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny!! So, in other words, Nanny didn't get enough rest this weekend! Haha. The pics are priceless. By the way, he told me he had fun at Nanny's house. And, he loves Peanut.

LSULiv said...

Too bad you didn't have a bikini top to go with that sarong!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh that is priceless!!
He is too cute......Auntie