Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm Baaaaack!

So, 2009 was definitely not the year for blogging. Fortunately, it's 2010 - Happy New Year!

I'm not a resolution-maker, but I have set a few goals that I'm hoping to give greater priority this year. Church, volunteering, better spending, healthier eating, more "me" time, and of course...more blogging! I've decided to make it the year of priorities - I pick what's important, and make time for important things in my life.

Looking back, 2009 was undoubtedly a tumultuous year - plenty of ups, lots of downs, and everything in between. Maybe it's the start of a new year, which always gives me a "clean slate" sort of feel, or maybe it's that I'm finally able to see the forest for the trees...regardless, I'm excited about 2010!

I've been off of work since December 17 (this is one of very few state job perks!) and as sad as I am to see vacation end, I'm ready to get back in gear. I spent a week at home for the holidays and had an absolutely wonderful Christmas with my family. I was able to spend a lot of time with Babycakes, mom and dad, Cody and Emily, and other family and friends. What a fabulous way to end the year - there is no. place. like. home.

Christmas is about SO much more than gifts, but...I have to post a few pictures taken on my brand new Nikon D40 Digital SLR Camera! (Thanks Mom and Dad!) Most of you know, I'm crazy about photography, and this camera is truly amazing. Here are a few of my favorite holiday pictures on the snazzy new camera!


Shameless plug - how stinkin' cute is Babycakes? He is truly the light of my life! We went to see Mike the Tiger and I said, "Isn't he so pretty?" to which Cayden replied, "No Nanny! Mike not pretty, you pretty." Cody has clearly started him early ;)

I had to steal this from a good friend, posted on Facebook just after the holidays. It's one of those updates that sort of hit me, and it's as true for me as it is for her:

"the holidays have put things in perspective for me. love really is all around me. that's easy to forget. i'm blessed to have people in my life that are true testaments to what unconditional love is all about without wavering. even without a 'relationship' i'm still loved.. to my friends & family, thanks for helping me realize that even though i feel alone sometimes, i'm not. i am a very lucky woman!"

I wish you all an amazing New Year, full of family, friends, and fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So excited to see you back writing on your blog! As much as I enjoy reading each post, I think writing can be therapeutic for you...so, we both benefit:)

We were blessed with a wonderful Christmas together...you're right, there's nothing like spending time with family.

My wish for you is a happy and healthy 2010. Happy New year, Moochie!

Cherry B said...

Everyone in your family photos always looks so well put-together! Nice shots, too-- can't wait to see more :)