As excited as I am to go home, I'm also missing some fun stuff here in Houston. There's a Kenny Chesney concert Saturday night that some friends are going to, and a couple of dinners/nights out that I'll miss out on. But, the good news is, I have some fun stuff to look forward to when I get home, including the Houston Alumni Association Football Kickoff party!
I was taking Peanut out yesterday and as I stood outside the townhouse, I thought to myself "do I really live in Houston now?" It's the strangest thing - I've been here two weeks, but I don't feel any different than I did prior to moving. I think I built up so much anticipation, worry and anxiety that I thought for sure I'd be a basketcase for weeks. But, this is life, and it's good and I like it. Who knew!? (Mom - don't read too much into this - it doesn't mean I want to stay in Houston forever!)
Speaking of P - here's a picture of my little bud. Sometimes he sits in front of my desk and watches me work. I think he likes having me work from home as much as I do!
4 comments:
I'm so happy for you! And so proud of you too. We miss you bunches and can't wait to see you. I don't think I will get the chance to see you this visit though. I leave tomorrow morn for Tyler for the week. Will return the following Saturday evening. Have a great time in BR. Enjoy the week here with fam and friends. We love you and miss you.....Auntie
I noticed that you called both BR and Houston "home" in this post. Ta daaaa! You can stay in Houston forever if you love it-- it isn't too far away to get back to your folks. But hey-- life takes us funny places so you never know what'll happen :)
Amen to that! Has anyone noticed that I live in frickin' GERMANY? Sometimes I actually forget, because it feels like home.
I'm so proud of you, pumpkin! Give stinky breath a big wet one for me.
Ellie
"Jiggity-Jig" - you're on your way back home. Spending the week with you was wonderful and I'm looking forward to your next trip "home". Hope you have a good week and a safe trip.
Love you!!! And, of course, Peanut, too!
Post a Comment