I'm finally making a trip to Houston! Danielle and I are leaving tomorrow after work for what should be a fun-filled weekend. Her friend Mary has offered her us her apartment, which is fabulous because it saves us money on a hotel room (meaning...more money for shopping!) We're planning to meet some people for drinks Friday night once we arrive, then brunch Saturday morning at a restaurant in the Heights, then shopping, shopping and more shopping. Either Saturday afternoon or Sunday I'll meet up with Erin, my future roommate (I hope!) and check out her townhouse. I'm really looking forward to that part of the weekend. I think meeting her and seeing my new home will make all of this "real." And, I think it'll help me get my rear in high gear. Mom and I are planning a garage sale in a couple of weeks. I spent the better part of last weekend cleaning, sorting, pricing, tagging. I had absolutely NO idea how much JUNK I had accumulated over the three years I've lived in this house!
Speaking of this house. A word to all of you living in Baton Rouge who plan to rent in the future. Do not, under any circumstance, ever, ever, EVER, rent from Southland Properties. These people have been the source of massive headaches, problems, and one or two serious emotional breakdowns in my life. I honestly had no idea how horrible a business could treat their customers, with seemingly no remorse or empathy whatsoever. While the owner maintains he "wouldn't have been in business for 20 years" if he was such a bad landlord, my real estate agent quickly identified him as "the biggest slum lord in Baton Rouge." Anyhow, do your self a favor and do not do business with Southland Properties. Unless you're a fan of ferret feces, cat urine, holes in walls, lack of heat in the winter or lack of a/c in the summer, you'd be better off renting from the Devil.
Let me apologize to my brother in advance for any future blogging - consider this a blanket blogging apology. I will always refer to Cody as my baby brother. Yes, he is a foot and a half taller than me. Yes, he is stronger and bigger, and yes...people now assume I am the youngest (this just happened for the first time two weeks ago, and it blew me away! I guess he really has grown up). But, baby brother he will always be. So back to the point. I have to take a minute or two to brag about my baby brother. Today was his big test for the Police Academy (I'm sure it has a fancier name than "big test" but I don't speak police lingo, so big test will do). I talked to mom on my lunch break, and Cody told her it was the hardest test he'd ever taken. But...he passed and he graduates on July 9th! I am just so proud of him. He's worked his tail off to get through the academy, and he's stayed at the top of his class the entire time. I am proud to call him my baby brother, and Deputy Grace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so excited for you--meeting your new roomie and seeing your new home for the first time. I can't wait to see pictures. And, I can't wait to hear all about it. Don't worry, Cayden and I will take good care of Peanut while you're gone.
By the way, Cody is lucky to have you as a sister. I'm so proud of my babies--you've both turned into awesome adults.
Well, we had pretty good examples to follow growing up, so you and Daddy are credited for our awesomeness ;)
OMG no more gayness on here! Just kidding, girls :) I think it's cool as can be that you're getting out of the box and moving away, and Cody's had to be studying and working hard under some fairly tough circumstances, and he's doing GREAT!!!
Post a Comment