Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

This time of year always brings about a feeling for me. Maybe it's the weather (finally) changing that puts a little pep in my step, or maybe it's the onset of the Holiday season, or maybe it's just the anticipation of spending down time with family. Whatever the cause, it reminds me that I am one lucky girl. I have my days, sometimes weeks, I complain, I gripe, I pout. I try to be a "glass half full" person, though sometimes it's just half empty. But not this time of year.

Back before our time, Thanksgiving was a day dedicated to giving thanks for a plentiful harvest. Today the holiday has evolved to giving thanks across the board - for family, for friends, for houses and cars and clothes, and even work. I consider my list of "thankful for" people and things to be extraordinarily whole, and I realize despite the moaning and complaining, I have it good. No, I have it great.

So today, I am thankful for each of you. I am thankful for my amazing family, for my unconditionally supportive friends, for my stressful but rewarding job, and most of all, for being truly blessed in a way I'm finally beginning to appreciate as an official grown up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I am so blessed to have you in my life. I love you, Auntie

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more! I'd like to believe that as we grow older (some of us much older) we learn to appreciate everything no matter how large or small. I've learned that good things can come from bad situations. And, I cherish time spent with my family. You really are a "grown up" now--I know, it's still hard for me grasp--and, I couldn't be more proud! Thanks for your advice and support this past week. XOXOXO

LSULiv said...

Keep it growin, too, sista! ;) It adds years to your life.